PADI Open Water Course – eLearning
3 day diving course
If you don’t fancy spending your holidays studying, you can sign up for the PADI e-learning programme at home. You will then do the pool session and the 4 Open Water Training Dives here with us in Zanzibar in 3 days.
The payment for the e-learning is made directly to PADI and is not included in our course price. The payment to PADI includes an e-manual and the certification.
You will need to be affiliated to our dive centre when you register, The Zanzibar Dive Centre, One Ocean, store number 7839.
After the successful completion of the e-learning, you will receive your eRecord which you will have to bring when you start the course. With that, the pool training and open water training can be done with the following schedule:
Morning: Pool training to learn basic scuba skills (depending on group sizes training might continue in the afternoon)
Morning: Boat trip with the first 2 Open Water Training Dives
Morning: Boat trip with the last 2 Open Water Training Dives
Price includes log book
- You’ll be required to fill out a medical questionnaire before you can start a course with us. If you read through it and are able to answer all the questions with NO, then there is no need to go and see a doctor. If there is a question that you would answer with YES, then you have to get a medical clearance from a doctor before you can start the course.
- When planning your trip please take in account the PADI diving and flying guidelines:
For 1 dive you must not fly less than 12 hours after your last dive.
For multiple dives (2 or more) you must not fly less than 18 hours after your last dive. As our diving usually finishes at 1:00 p.m., this would mean you should not fly before 7:00 a.m. the next day. For more safety we highly recommend 24 hours.
Please be advised that for safety and comfort reasons we cannot take on our trips:
- children under 10 years
- pregnant women
For everyone under 18, we will need a parent/guardian to accompany them on the boat. If the guardian is not diving, they can join for snorkelling.
Please check on the map if we offer free transfer from your hotel.
- No refund can be given to the following:
- Divers who are not allowed to dive due to a missing medical clearance
- Divers who cannot equalise
- Divers who decide not to dive due to personal reasons
- Guests who do not arrive on time at the specified meeting point
- For cancellations made with more than 24 hours notice we will charge 10% of the prepaid amount.
- Cancellations made within less than 24 hours will be charged at full rate (including no shows in the morning).
- Bad weather in the morning, unless it makes the trip unsafe, is not a reason to cancel the trip.
Rescheduling of dives during courses
- Courses taken longer than our schedule will be charged the extra days.
- If the course days have to be rescheduled because the minimum requirement of theory training hasn’t been reached, the days will be charged extra.
- Rescheduling cannot be guaranteed and is depending on the availability of an instructor and space on the boat.
- Courses that cannot be completed will be charged for the training that has been done and a referral form will be issued.